Sunday, April 10, 2011


39 weeks! (+ a few days. + a few doggies).

Life continues to keep some sort of time warp pace caught between the speed of a snail and one that rushes by in an instant.

There are moments when I think about our baby and I am so excited to meet him, that I just can't wait! Or, I will feel some unfamiliar tugging in my body, and get excited that this could be it. (So far, it hasn't "been it".)

Other moments I think. Woah, hold the phone! Why hurry? I feel pretty good (over all). Let's savor these last few precious (days/weeks/hours) that we have as being (mostly) two. Because soon it is all going to be different, forever.

And still, just how soon and just how different it will be does not begin to sink in.

But despite this kind of surreal back and forth state, I think we are doing a great job being present. Ben is giddy. I am relaxed. And we are hanging out, enjoying. (Ok, and waiting, a little.) Soon enough.

13 comments:

  1. I love that the dogs are both looking at you like, "Umm... what are you doing?"

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's so close, jamie! i'm so happy for you guys, i could (and probably will) cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg! It's the home stretch! So excited for you guys. It's going to be beautiful.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so exciting. you look beautiful.

    p.s. a tax day birthday is a wonderful thing to have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you! Same exact feeling! I'm home, with my husband, at 41+2 days, longing for the moment she will come, jumping at every "sign" of this must be it... but it isn't, and enjoying the time of just the 2 of us... it's nice to know there is someone, going through the exact same thing somewhere in the world.

    Good luck, this is so exiting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So soon. And I love that you are relaxed and he is giddy, a perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. eeek! you're so close!! hold on tight to this time before he arrives. so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soon enough, yes. This is really the homestretch. Relaxed and excited is pretty much how it should be (I was pretty god damn fed up at the end (38 weeks for Louis-Philippe, 37 for Frédérique)).

    ReplyDelete
  9. april 18th is the full moon. my bet is he'll be coming then!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post makes me all 'motional.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanna see that baby! Get out here, baby! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the photo with the dogs looking at you and babybelly!!! It will all happen soon enough...

    ReplyDelete