Wednesday, October 19, 2011


Remember back in the day, when I was looking for the perfect mobile? I got the one I wanted and Cheech LOVES it. A friend bought us another felted elephant mobile that I hung over our bed because it works as a nice distraction every night while I'm changing her into her pajamas... for some reason, this is a ritual she is not fond of. Well, now I'm in the market for a third mobile. Cheech has this horrible habit of trying to roll onto her belly while I'm changing her diaper, and no matter how many times I tell her, she can't seem to remember how incredibly counterproductive that is. I'm hoping hanging a mobile above her changing table will give her a reason to want to stay on her back, even if it's just for a minute. I think this one's calling my name.

7 comments:

  1. That's the mobile we have! And it's as cute as it looks, but if your Cheech is anything like my monkey, once the newness wears off, it won't keep her from wriggling around on the changing table. Have you tried playing peekaboo while changing her? it seems to be the only thing that works for us anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I want one too. We first need to find a new spot to change our bub. The washing machine is getting too small. Our whole apartment is getting too small. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa from Lil Bee picked out a few in a recent post... Given that she eventually went with the one you posted above, perhaps you'll like some of her other selections as well? http://www.thelilbee.com/2011/03/going-mobile.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want that in my house. And we have no baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that mobile! However I don't think it's going to make her stay on her back ;-) It seems that all the babies/toddlers I've taken care of rolled onto their belly during diaper change and, depending on age, scooted, crawled or run away. I once had a little boy turn on to all four, then pee and finally, as he was stood up and tried to run away, slipped in his pee!
    Ohh, there's great things in store for you and Cheech ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. we want this mobile but dont really have anywhere to hang it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the one we have too. I love love love it.

    ReplyDelete