Thursday, August 25, 2011




Although we've had to transfer L to her crib because she somehow seems to take up ALL the space in our bed, I do still love that we get to share our room with her. It makes nighttime feedings so much easier, and with all the earthquakes the bay area's been experiencing recently, it's comforting to know that she's just a couple steps away. That being said, we're hoping to move into a bigger place around her first birthday. I think she (or more, I) will be ready for her own room by then. In a way, this has me very excited about the prospect of decorating a nursery... even though we already *have* a baby. I love how simple Claudia kept her nursery for her baby, Alice. I still firmly believe that babies really don't need a lot of stuff, so this setup seems perfect to me. We already have the key pieces (crib, rocking chair, dresser/changing table), and now all we need is the room.

7 comments:

  1. the pieces are so thoughtfully selected, and the red and turquoise just waltz together - i love L's room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, I'm tired! When I looked at my Google Reader and saw the pictures, I said: "Shit, did I just republish my nursery post? I suck with Internet!!!". ah ah ah (I'm really bad with technologies) Anyway! Thank you so much. I'm so happy that you like Alice's nursery. The thing is, she is not yet in her room. As you said, I'm not ready to have her across our house. When she got too big to be in her bassinet (3 months old), I freaked out because I didn't want to be far from her so we moved her crib in our bedroom and our dresser in the closet. We are thinking at 6 months she can maybe go in her room but I don't know! Alice also takes all the space in our bed (she will soon break my nose or something!). And hurray for simple nurseries :) Take care xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, we added a little white table, next to the rocking chair, that we found in the trash (love trash treasure)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoop! make that "i love A's room."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, this is such a sweet space. I am in the midst of doing a nursery for Rex since his brothers have moved on, into a bigger (separate) room, and this is just the inspiration I needed. Simple but stimulating. Lovely post. Can't wait to see what you have in store for Lucy's room. And i'll be sure & post pics. once I get Rex's nursery together as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's got some serious style that Claudia! ...this nursery is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah i wish i would have gone simpler in henry's room!

    ReplyDelete